Awards shortlist success for Springhill Care Group
Springhill Care Group has been recognised after being shortlisted for a grand total of 21 categories in this year’s Great British Care Awards.
Staff at all three homes – Springhill in Accrington, Birch Green in Skelmersdale and Riversway in Bristol, have been shortlisted, and Springhill Care Group has been recognised itself as a finalist in the Care Employer Award category.
In the North West heats, Springhill Care Home has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Adele Thorpe – The Care Home Worker Award
- Deborah Bennett – The Good Nurse Award
- Donna Greenhalgh – The Dementia Carer Award
- Alison Wilson – The Dementia Carer Award
- Michelle Walsh – The Ancillary Worker Award
- SCH Dementia Suite – The Care Home Team Award.
Meanwhile, Birch Green Care Home has been shortlisted in the following:
- Victoria Sudworth – The Care Home Registered Manager Award
- Holly Burgum – The Care Newcomer Award
- Sian Gardner – The Care Trainer Award
- Gill Seddon – The Putting People First Award
- Lisa Williams – The Care Home Cook/Chef Awards
- Jean Watson – The Dignity in Care Award
- Team Birch Green – The Palliative Care Award.
Interviews for the North West awards were held in Manchester on October 16th, and the awards evening is due to take place on November 24th at the Mercure in Manchester.
The South West shortlist includes the following staff from Riversway Nursing Home:
- Simon Page – The Care Home Cook/Chef Award
- Shannon Sheppard – The Dignity in Care Award
- Joan Comprado – The Good Nurse Award
- Victoria Fosuah – The Dementia Carer Award
- Liz Hahn – The Care Newcomer Award
- Trudy Palmer – The Care Innovator Award
- Julie Fowler – The Care Home Worker Award.
Staff from Riversway will be interviewed for their categories on October 23rd, with an awards evening on Friday, November 16th at Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol.
Donna Briggs, Managing Director of Springhill Care Group, said: “The Great British Care Awards are a major event in the industry’s calendar, and it’s an incredible achievement to see so many of our talented staff shortlisted, as well as recognition for the group.
“Everyone works so hard and care so much about the residents we support, and this is an acknowledgement that we are truly leading the way when it comes to providing great care.”
Keep an eye on the Springhill Group websites and social media channels for more updates. Good luck everyone!